The Pastor of FBC Moody has been called to be the shepherd of the church. Through preaching and teaching, counseling, visitation, and administration, the pastor helps lead the church toward fulfilling God’s purpose and vision. Our pastor has a true heart that longs to see the lost come to the saving love of Christ, and believers growing daily in their walks with the Lord.
About Dr. Moseley
As the pastor of First Baptist Moody, the best word that I can use to define the calling God has placed on my life is the word Servant. First and foremost, I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. It humbles me daily to know that He has called me to serve Him as a pastor. It is certainly nothing that I have earned, but none the less it’s a true calling from God, and I want to use everything He has given me to bring Him the glory and honor that He deserves. Second, I am called to be a servant of others. To speak the love of Christ, to show the love of Christ, and to share the love of Christ with all I come in contact with. Through preaching and teaching, administrating, sharing the gospel, pastoral care ministries, and so much more, I want to be an example of the incredible love of Christ.
Through my wife Beth, and my two precious girls, Meagan and Abby, God has blessed me with a beautiful family that love and support me in the ministry. As a family, we pray daily for the ministries of FBC Moody as well as for each and every member. We do not just love being your pastor and family, we love you and consider it a privilege to serve with you each and every day.
- Bachelors of Science Degree – University of Alabama in Birmingham
- Masters of Divinity Degree – New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Doctor of Ministry Degree – Andersonville Theological Seminary
Other Honors and Credentials:
- Has served in full time ministry since 1995
- Licensed and Ordained as a Southern Baptist Minister
- Commissioned by the North American Mission Board (NAMB) as a Clinical Chaplain.
- Member of the National Certified Chaplains Association
- Graduate of the Shelby County Law Enforcement Chaplains Association Academy
- Chaplain for the City of Moody, Moody Police Department, and Moody Fire Department
- Chaplain for Moody High School and Moody Jr. High School Athletics
- First Priority leader for Moody Jr. High School
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes leader for Moody Jr. High School